Friday, December 09, 2011

The Loft

It has been 2 years this week since I first walked in the door to the loft in the Old City of Montréal... Everything about it was perfect. The location was perfect. The gate and the walk to the exterior door were perfect. As hostess, there to meet and greet me, Ginger was perfect. And the loft was absolutely perfect...


Copyright © 2011, Scotti Vaccaro
from Mon Journal de Montréal
sketchbook journal entry dated 12/09/11

It had a superbly outfitted kitchen, was decorated with just the right country chic touches and had both a working fireplace and a tin pail full of firewood. Mother Nature cooperated by giving me just enough cold and snow flurries to give me an excuse to have a fire. Nothing could have been better than what the Universe delivered!

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity.

2 comments:

  1. Memories are made of this.
    Everything was perfect, indeed. The first time I went through that gate I had the feeling of going back in time. What a wonderful place to be, in front of the fireplace watching the flame dancing, the smell, and the crackling wood burning. But what I will cherish most, is the time spent with you there. My only regret is the fact that I wasn't there with you the first time you walked through that gate. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Ginger..How magical to see your experience of staying in my loft illustrated in such a charming way. How do I see more of your sketches of your Montreal adventure? This is my first blog experience. It's fun..

    ReplyDelete