Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mon Journal de Montréal

I recently began a brand new journal... and chose this scene for my title page. I have always thought the lines of the bridge were absolutely elegant and the view is one of the best of the center city core.


Montréal Skyline from Lachine Canal,
Copyright © 2011, Scotti Vaccaro

I was working from a photograph I took about 18 months ago; I have been told that the city removes this bridge to allow larger boats to move in and out of the canal during the summer and replaces it in the fall and winter. I prefer to work on-site as much as I can, but in this case I am grateful that I took the photo because I was completely unaware that it moves around!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best drawings I've seen of downtown Montreal so far. You could tell it is Montreal even if the name was not written on the drawing. The bridge that's crossing over the canal gives it that charming look and the artist captured that moment perfectly.
    Cheers to you, Scotti.


    P.S. The City (and I mean Mayor Tremblay) should use this drawing as one of their puplicity posters, but I dont think they could afford the price.
    Too bad for him.

    ReplyDelete