Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Finally, I will leave you with an image of Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico. Fact is, there is no such place as "Costa Maya." It is entirely a creation of the cruise ship industry. Costa Maya is primarily a shopping plaza with some resort amenities located close to Mahahual, Mexico. As you can see from the watercolor, there is a very large beach with thatch roof cabanas furnished to provide shade for those who would rather avoid a third degree burn, hundreds of lounge chairs, a huge swimming pool and of course, the ubiquitous stores. Inside the entrance of the hot pink plaza, there is a central mall area that houses stalls filled with local vendors. Don't forget to haggle over the prices...luckily, I had Brooklyn-born Irene with me. I was ready to walk away from a wall plaque when she began to bargain with the vendor. As a result, I got the plaque for 1/2 the marked price. After she did that, I had no choice -- I had to purchase it. If you take a brazen friend, be sure that you really want the item before they begin to negotate! Lucky for me, I did.

Next time, I will share more of Mexico and Belize. For now, from my heart to yours...


Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Copyright © 2005, Scotti Briggs

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment